Friday, April 4, 2014

Visited Sarah and Nachum

I traveled to Tel Aviv to visit Sarah and Nachum Ben-Chorim who were part of the original Israel Spirit Committee in Kansas City.  Nachum designed our logo and Sarah designed our booth facade.  They were kind enough to pick me up a Savidor station, and then Nachum drove us around to show me the Tel Aviv harbor.  For someone over 85, he is a great driver.
We were in Jafo, with Tel Aviv in the background
We went to their lovely apartment, and Nachum regaled me with fascinating stories from the war of independence (he was in the navy) and other wonderful stories.
Garden entrance to their apartment.  These are Sarah's plants.
We went out for supper at קקאו in Ramat Gan.  Sarah ordered the breakfast for two, and Nachum had "fish and chips."  The breakfast was a nice assortment of this and that, including scrambled eggs, guacamole, sour cream, bread, etc.
Then they dropped me off at the train and I returned to Beer Sheva.

No comments:

Post a Comment